Kuala Lumpur 2011 - Dinner at Restoran Dragon View

Restoran Dragon View is located at the corner of Jalan Alor and Changkat Bukit Bintang. It is one of the most popular eateries here. Open 24 hours, this is the place to come if you run out of options. And the food is not bad - but rather expensive for what you get. I suppose you have to pay for the convenience and also the setting which is a bit more upscale compared to the rest of Jalan Alor. Some diners have complained about being overcharged, so do watch your bill when you pay.


As I had quite a heavy lunch, I was looking for a light dinner. I just ordered a Fried Kueh Tiaw and a Fish Maw Soup. The Kueh Tiaw was quite average - it didn't have "wok hei", the smokey flavour from the high heat of the wok.


The soup was better, nice flavourful chicken stock with a large piece of fish maw and some net-like tubes which are the edible lining from inside a bamboo (as I've been told - I haven't really figured out what these really are). I don't know the English name for it, but it has a texture much like the fish maw.


The kitchen - quite interesting to watch the chefs at work. Probably won't win any cleanliness award !


Would this be my first choice for a dinner venue ? Probably not. Would I go back ? Yes, when I run out of ideas or am just too plain tired to bother.

Comments

Popular Posts