Eating in Kuching 2010 - My Christmas Day Dinner

Last Christmas Eve fell on a Friday which was a problem for many people who had to work, yours truly included. We had Pizza Hut pizza for Christmas Eve dinner, and judging from the long queue at the takeout we were not the only ones with that idea. The kids actually loved it, and all told it wasn't such a bad dinner. At least there wasn't any washing up to do !

We decided to treat ourselves on Christmas Day, and I had planned a really nice steak dinner for the day. When I went to Choice Supermart (our trusty local gourmet supermarket for something nice) on 23rd December, there was only a chunk of ribeye left. Fortunately I was smart enough not to wait until Christmas Eve to get the meat, or it's bye bye steak dinner ! It was a really good cut of chilled Australian Ribeye which somebody had reserved, but didn't turn up to collect.

The Dinner Menu:
  • Prawn Salad with Rockmelon and Longan
  • Pumpkin Soup
  • Ribeye Steak with Roasted Vegetables, Sauteed Mushrooms and Caramalized Onions

Roasted Vegetables - tomatoes, mushroom, red and yellow peppers, onion and garlic


Roasted Pumpkin for the Pumpkin Soup


Chicken Stock for the Pumpkin Soup


Prawn Salad. I bought the prawns from the wet market in the morning, so they were really fresh and sweet.


The Pumpkin Soup. I must say it was delicious to the last drop !


Ribeye Steak with the works. Tasty, juicy and tender meat which is good enough with just salt and pepper. I love to eat steak with roasted vegetables and caramelized onions.


I also did some Grilled Teriyaki Chicken Wings for the kids.


It was a tasty dinner, one which I am still thinking about with relish. Won't wait too long to cook ribeye again !

Comments

Popular Posts