Kuala Lumpur - Bukit Bintang at Night

I'm not really a night bird. When I'm back in Kuching, we are usually in bed by 10. But when you are in KL, it would seem kind of weird to go to bed early. The place is still buzzing at midnight, especially around the Bukit Bintang area. It is not unusual for KLites to go clubbing till 3.00 a.m., go "supper" at 4.00 a.m. and go to work at 8.00 a.m. the next morning. Or so that's what some of my KL friends tell me, if they are not pulling my leg. I wouldn't try it myself !

Walking around Bukit Bintang at night is kind of interesting. There's always lots of things going on, lots of people seemingly wondering around endlessly, and lots of colourful lights. Of course there's also the Jalan Alor nearby where everyone goes for supper, and a few mysterious men hanging around offering special "service". There are also lots of vendors offering "first grade" fake watches. It's all part of the KL experience really. Despite all the hustle and bustle, I always feel quite safe going around, and the men in uniform are usually not far away.

The boys in uniform keeping the order.

If you are looking to do some last minute midnight shopping, this is the place to go.

When in Kl, do what the KLites do. Go walk-about a bit at night. You're bound to bump into something interesting somewhere.

Comments

Popular Posts