Eating in Kuala Lumpur - Buffet Dinner at The Mill, Grand Millenium Hotel

The Grand Millennium Hotel is a re-branding of the old Regent Hotel, one of the top 5 star hotels in Kuala Lumpur. After a multi-million dollar makeover, the hotel looks absolutely fabulous on Jalan Bukit Bintang. Located right next to The Pavilion Shopping Centre, this has got to be one of the best locations in the City.

No square-inch of the hotel has been left untouched, and this includes all the F&B outlets. On a recent visit, I decided to give the new all-day dining restaurant a try. Called "The Mill", it is located on the mezzanine level, accessible by ascending a grand spiral staircase from the lobby. Upon entering the restaurant, I immediately had a sense of deja vu. It looked so much like The Essence at Sheraton Imperial Hotel, right down to the open kitchen and buffet counters. I could swear they were identical twins. Check out my post on The Essence to see what I mean.


The pricing of the buffet dinner is similar to other 5 star hotels in KL. Even the food offering is the same. After a while it can get a bit boring - with the ubiquitous sushi counter, appetizer section, oysters, prawns, Asian spread, Western spread, etc. I wish the hotels could get more imaginative with their buffet offerings. That said, the food is generally of a very high quality and well executed.

The buffet displays are very nicely done, especially the dessert section.


The sushi section.


There were quite a large variety of Indian selections, though I am not a big fan of spicy food at a buffet.


I started with some shashimi and seafood, as usual. They served fresh scallops which is not so common in KL.


Then moved on to the heavier stuff.


The desserts were all very nice - looking scrumptious and tasting even better !

The highlight of the buffet was no doubt the dessert section, which had a large number of individual pastry concoctions instead of the usual cakes.

I was hoping for a new experience at The Mill, but I guess they decided to play it safe. Overall another nice buffet offering, but nothing new.

Comments

Borneoboy said…
Hi Mike. Yes it was a huge spread with something for everyone. Just a little standard I feel.
I will surely ban you from my eatery if decided to have a buffet night :)

Popular Posts