Singapore 2011 - Singapore City

After so many years of breakneck development, Singapore is still furiously reinventing itself. If you talk to some locals, they will tell you that they can't even recognize some parts of Singapore anymore. The transformation can be quite complete. Whole areas are being conjured up right from the sea, and what used to be the waterfront today could be several miles inland.

While all this could be very exciting for the visitors, to the locals this constant state of hyper-development must leave some of them feeling a bit lethargic. As for me, I don't mind a short visit but after a few days I need to go back to a place where I can catch my breath.

The distinctive Singapore skyline is still recognizable despite countless new additions.


Some Singapore landmarks.


The land that you see here was mostly created right from the sea.


And they are still busy creating some more.


Singapore's population is around 5 million based on the 2010 census. It is projected to grow to 5.3 million by 2015. To me it already feels very crowded now.

Comments

RinBali said…
The only place that I wish to visit

Popular Posts