Florence 2013 - Gelato and Cannoli

At one corner of the Piazza della Signoria is Bar Perseo, a small bar and cafe in probably one of the best locations in Florence. Many travelers and bloggers had warned that this is a tourist trap - charging very high prices for what they serve. The coffee here is 5.50 euros, and their gelato was the most expensive I had in Italy. But considering that the bar attendant and barista are decked out in sharp-looking suits, and the location is unbeatable, I would say the prices were fair. Just be aware that it cost more to eat inside the shop then to take away.


 This is one serious looking expresso machine.


The gelato counter was one of the most impressive I've seen. Fresh, luscious ingredients, beautiful colours - irresistible! I paid 9 euros for 2 flavours. It was very expensive, but also the best gelato I had in Italy. Just for comparison most of the other gelato I had were around 2 to 3 euros.


My expensive but yummy gelato.


I also had a cannoli - a classic Italian dessert with a crispy pastry shell and ricotta cheese filling. It was delicious!

Comments

Popular Posts