Kuala Lumpur 2011 - Doubletree by Hilton

For my recent trip to Kuala Lumpur, I decided to stay at the new Doubletree by Hilton at Jalan Tun Razak, even though the location is not the most convenient as I wanted to check it out. Doubletree is part of the Hilton brand, but is placed just a notch below their normal hotels. It is rated at 4 1/2 star.


The hotel actually occupies the old Crowne Princess building after undergoing extensive renovations. The lobby area is converted from an old shopping centre - City Square, which I used to visit for the hi-fi shops. You can still see the shopping centre legacy in the layout and design of the lobby - with the large atrium in the middle. The new decor is quite nice - contemporary and minimalist. Upon check-in, they give you a warm chocolate chip cookie which is a really nice touch.


The room is quite nice and spacious - with a simple modern design. I did not like the pillows however - they were way too soft and really spoiled my sleep. Though they give you a choice of pillows upon request, I was too lazy to ask for it in the middle of the night.


View from the room.


Just like the Hilton at KL Sentral, the dining options here are very good. You will see my post on the Cafe - Makan Kitchen, soon. Though I would rate this as a very good hotel, it would not be my first choice in KL as the location is just too inconvenient. A taxi ride from KLCC which is not too far away seems to be a really tortuous journey, going through many twists and turns and underpasses - and you get charged around RM 15.

Comments

Popular Posts