Dusseldorf 2013 - Konigsallee Shopping Street

Konigsallee is like the Champs Elysees of Dusseldorf. It is a premium shopping street where most of the major high end brands are represented. It is a beautiful street with tree-lined boulevards on both sides of a canal which runs along the middle of the street. On the West side are luxury hotels and offices, and on the east side are the branded shops. This is one of the most beautiful sights in the City - and a must visit if you are in Dusseldorf.


Not much of a shopper myself, I was more interested in exploring the side streets which are full of interesting lifestyle shops and cafes. On Steinstrasse off the main boulevard I came across an interesting home and living store named ManuFactum. Everything in the shop looked so well made and sturdy. Wish we have one like it back home. There is an attached cafe called Brot & Butter where many people were enjoying their nice cup of java and sandwich. I wished I could stay for a warm cuppa especially on a cold day when I visited - but unfortunately had to take a rain check as I had to catch up with the others.


A luxurious copper bath tub. Great for those who truly enjoy a good soak.


It was also a haven for bike lovers - as they had a handsome collection of bicycles on sale. There were also lots of bike accessories. I know someone who would go absolutely crazy in this shop !

Comments

Popular Posts