Kuala Lumpur 2012 - Lunch at La Lot

La Lot is a vietnamese restaurant located at the top floor F&B zone of The Pavilion. The main signage says “by Du Viet”, which is a restaurant group in KL specializing in Vietnamese food. I have not tried any of their outlets before, so this is my first taste of an outlet under the group.

 



Ever since I had my first taste of Pho - I have fallen in love with it and can't resist ordering the dish at every Vietnamese restaurant. So I ordered their “Pho Bo Dat Biet” - Special Beef Noodle Soup. I also ordered their Bahn Xeo for a try.

The Bahn Xeo came first and it was a bit of a surprise. The Bahn Xeo I had in Vietnam was like egg crepe with savoury fillings. Here they have changed the dish - the filling is the same but the crepe itself has become a fluffy crispy pancake. I liked the texture of the crepe - it was very light and flaky. However the savoury filling lacked flavour - and even after adding the sauce it was still a bit dull. The pickled carrots saved it a little bit by adding some sourish bite.



 When the Pho came, I could see from the colour of the soup that I was going to be disappointed. It was so watered down - just not enough rich flavour of beef to satisfy the palete. The beef slices and chunks were tender enough - but they needed a good chili sauce to really shine. The chili sauce they served on the side was just too mediocre to do the job.

 



 
 So a little bit disappointed, but I would still go back to try their other items. The restaurant itself feels cozy enough, and there were some interesting looking dishes on the menu.

Comments

Travel at its truest is thus an ironic experience, and the best travellers . . . seem to be those able to hold two or three inconsistent ideas in their minds at the same time, or able to regard themselves as at once serious persons and clowns." -Paul Fussell
"There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.

Popular Posts