Malacca 2011 - Chicken Rice Balls

I’ve been to Malacca a few times before, but never had the chance to try the famous Chicken Rice Balls. This trip I told myself that no matter what I shouldn’t miss it.

Chicken Rice Ball is basically chicken rice that has been rolled into balls. I went to Formosa Chicken Rice Ball Restaurant in Jonker Walk - which is one of the most popular chicken rice ball restaurants in Malacca – highly recommended by many bloggers. It was around 7.00 p.m. but surprisingly the restaurant was a bit empty, and they were almost sold out of chicken. I made the order and the serving came in 2 minutes flat !


Now the verdict – the rice balls were a bit disappointing. Being rolled into balls, the rice has lost its fluffiness and instead was a bit gooey. Normal chicken rice is much better in my opinion. Good thing was the chicken was quite good – tender and juicy. I also ordered some char siew, and they were delicious. In fact I would go back for this rather then the chicken rice.


The fishball soup.


Nice char siew.


Comments

Anonymous said…
May I use your picture in my blog, I will link it to you when it's finised.
Borneoboy said…
OK. Please let me know when it is done.
Anonymous said…
Thanks. I am waiting for your permission, I will let you know when it's done. Actually some of my picture was in the old hd; therefore, I have to borrow some from you.
Anonymous said…
It' finished now. Thanks again.

http://www.bloggang.com/mainblog.php?id=in-outdoor-fun&month=10-01-2012&group=9&gblog=2
Jacklyn said…
chicken rice ball is famous in Malacca but not at Formosa Chicken Rice Ball Restaurant. Hence explained why it was empty. The famous one is at Jonker street a red shop which u can see ppl queeing up for it.

Popular Posts